2020 Emerging Artists Open Juried Exhibition
The Call for the OSA 2020 Emerging Artist Juried Exhibition is open now!
The biennial show will be held January 11–31, 2020 at the Queen Elizabeth Cultural Centre in Oakville, Ontario.
$1000 in cash prizes.
Emerging artists with no more than 5 years of experience as a professional artist are welcome to apply.
You can download the full Call for Entry details in PDF format.
Please read this entire page before you enter.
Our OSA Call For Entry for this exhibition is being hosted by EntryThingy.
EntryThingy is an online platform used by arts organizations across North America. At https://www.entrythingy.com/forartists_calls you will see a list of calls offered through Entrythingy. If you search for open calls in Ontario, you will see this particular Call for Entry.
ENTRY FORM IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
- The Submission Deadline is November 30, 2019
- Entry fee is $45
- Artists may submit up to three artworks per entry
- The OSA will charge a sales commission of 30% on all works that are sold as a result of hanging in this exhibition. Works that are not for sale must be marked NFS on entry form. But please indicate a price in the description for insurance purposes.
- Artists will be asked to upload a copy of their CV
- Jury Results to be communicated December 10, 2019
- Art Delivery Date: January 11, 2020 (10 am – 12 noon)
- First Day of Exhibition: January 11, 2020
- Opening Reception and Award of Prizes: Thursday January 16, 2020, 6 – 8 pm
- Last Day of Exhibition: January 31, 202
- Pick Up of Artwork: February 1, 2020 (10 am – 12 noon)
Before you login in to EntryThingy, be prepared by reading the instructions below.
- Prepare one (1) print-ready jpeg image for each of your two-dimensional works,
or two (2) print-ready jpeg images for each of your three dimensional works.
- Save images as jpg file in RGB or sRBG colour mode.
- Images should be at least 1500 pixels on the longest size.
- The maximum file size permitted is 8MB
- Images must be clear, accurate and not distorted, colour adjusted or hidden by uneven or reflected light.
- Images must only show the work, not a frame or anything beyond or in front of the work.
- For video or electronic work, prepare one still image as a jpg and one copy of your video in mov or mpg or wmv formats.
LABELLING YOUR IMAGES
- Label your images as follows: “surname_title_medium_size.jpg”.
- If your work is three-dimensional (i.e., a sculpture), label the images: “1a_surname_title_medium_size.jpg” and “1b_surname_title_medium_size.jpg” etc.
- When providing the (unframed) dimensions or size for your work, please use inches only. The correct order is height by width.
A top for artists working in 3D or offering a Diptych/Triptych: you may submit a second supporting image for a piece by clicking Add View/Detail button inside EntryThingy. This option becomes visible once you upload the first image for an artwork.
Prepare an artist CV and save it in Word (.doc) or PDF format. If you have special instructions for your artwork entries, please include them at the end of your CV. You will upload your CV file to EntryThingy after uploading your artwork images.
A Special Note About EntryThingy Password and Access:
If you do not have an EntryThingy account, you can use the form below to create one.
You will be asked for a password for your EntryThingy account. Record it and don’t lose it. We do not have a record of your password and we can not reset it for you. If you have difficulty, EntryThingy can reset the password for you.
Once you have paid by PayPal, you will not be able to get back into your entry. It will have been submitted.
The online submission process is new to the OSA and also to many artists. We expect that some applicants may need support. If you run into technical difficulties, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our volunteers will help you as soon as they are able. We appreciate your patience.