2019 Members’ Exhibition of Selected Works
May 30 to June 15
Please read this entire page before you enter.
Our OSA Call For Entry for this exhibition is being hosted by EntryThingy.
EntryThingy is an online platform used by arts organizations across North America. At https://www.entrythingy.com/forartists_calls you will see a list of calls offered through Entrythingy.
ENTRY FORM IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
- The Submission Deadline is Friday May 3, 2019.
- Exhibition Dates: Thursday May 30 to Saturday June 15
- Member artists may submit one artwork
- The entry fee is $45.00
- There is no jurying. If your piece meets the qualifications, it can appear in the following three places:
- The Withrow Common Gallery, located at Toronto’s Exhibition Place, across from the Princess Margaret Fountain. – This is optional – Members may opt out of showing in the gallery if travel or artwork delivery is not possible.
- The OSA Members Exhibition Catalogue – A standard catalogue that we publish every year for the MESW.
- The OSA Online Gallery built for this exhibition and hosted on our website. This gallery will be available for viewing long after the Withrow Common Gallery show is over.
- The Withrow Common Gallery must be staffed by our volunteers on the following days and times: Thursdays, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Fridays, 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m, and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you are willing to take a time slot, please email us!
The Link to Entry is at the bottom of this page but please read the Terms of Entry and the Instructions below.
Terms of Entry:
YOU MUST BE A MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING TO PARTICIPATE
All work submitted to this show must NOT have been previously shown in an OSA or other gallery show. All work MUST be original art. Entries must not be copies or derivatives. All accepted two-dimensional works must be ready to hang WITH D-RINGS. All three-dimensional works must be suitably prepared to be placed on a plinth. For works with unusual presentation needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two-dimensional work may not exceed 6 feet in width or 50 pounds, without a prior specific agreement.
Three-dimensional works must be able to fit through a standard door.
Video entries must display on your own equipment which must be on a monitor that can stand on a plinth.
are you opting out of the withrow common gallery?:
If you wish to participate in the online gallery and the catalogue only, please enter normally and then send us an email to email@example.com and let us know of your wishes.
SALES & COMMISSION:
Purchasers will be directed to the artist to purchase work directly. A commission for works sold to visitors of Withrow Common Gallery will be charged at 35% as a portion goes to the gallery. A sales commission for works sold through a visit to the online gallery will be charged at 15%. We use the honour system. Works which are not for sale must be marked NFS in the e-mail with value stated for insurance purposes.
TRANSPORTATION & INSURANCE
Delivery and pick-up of artwork is the sole responsibility of the artist who must adhere to the schedule printed here. Packing artwork for pick-up is the responsibility of the artist. There is no storage for art or packing materials available at the gallery. The OSA will take reasonable care during the hanging, showing and take down of the exhibition. The gallery does provide insurance up to a maximum of $10,000.00 per work during its placement in the gallery only.
All submissions which meet these guidelines will be accepted. Confirmation of receipt will be sent by email from the EntryThingy platform.
Please Note: No artwork may be removed from the exhibition until the final pick-up date. We do need some volunteers to sit in the gallery for a few hours if possible during the course of the exhibition. You will be given the gallery hours in the acceptance email.
OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
By submitting to this exhibition, you agree to allow reproduction of your digital files for educational, publicity and archival purposes, unless we are informed otherwise in writing. You agree to waive receiving any exhibition fees.
Before you login in to EntryThingy, be prepared by reading the instructions below.
- IMAGES OF POOR QUALITY WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE CATALOGUE OR THE ONLINE GALLERY.
- Prepare 1 print-ready jpeg image for your two-dimensional work,
or 2 print-ready jpeg images for your three dimensional work.
- Save images as jpg file in RGB or sRBG colour mode.
- Images must be at least 2MB at 300 DPI so they are large enough for us to print in the OSA exhibition catalogue. (Maximum file size = 5MB)
- Images must be clear, accurate and not distorted, colour adjusted or hidden by uneven or reflected light.
- Images must only show the work, not a frame or anything beyond or in front of the work.
LABELLING YOUR IMAGES
- Label your images as follows: “surname.title.medium.size.jpg”.
- If your work is three-dimensional (i.e., a sculpture), label the images: “1a.surname.title.jpg” and “1b.surname.title.jpg” etc.
- For video or electronic work, prepare a still image and a .mov format.
- When providing the (unframed) dimensions or size for your work, please use inches only – Height by Width.
A Special Note About EntryThingy Password and Access:
You will be asked for a password for EntryThingy. Record it and don’t lose it. We do not have a record of your password and we can not reset it for you. If you have difficulty, EntryThingy can reset the password for you.
Once you have paid by PayPal, you will not be able to get back into your entry. It will have been submitted.
The online submission process is new to the OSA and also to many artists. We expect that some applicants may need support. If you run into technical difficulties, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our volunteers will help you as soon as they are able. We appreciate your patience.